TaalNetwerk Terms & Conditions
Prins Mauritsplein 28
2582 ND Den Haag
T: (+31) 070 212 8240
IBAN: NL95 INGB 0006 03260 80
KvK (Chamber of Commerce): 52495876
BTW (VAT): 035091496.B01
Applicability of these Terms & Conditions
1.1 These Terms & Conditions are applicable to all quotes, offers and services of TaalNetwerk and to all study agreements entered into by TaalNetwerk, unless these are specifically deviated from in writing.
1.2 By signing up for a course you accept the applicability of these Terms & Conditions. TaalNetwerk explicitly rejects the applicability of your Terms & Conditions.
1.3 Deviations from these Terms & Conditions are only valid when these have been specifically agreed upon in writing between yourself and TaalNetwerk. In these Terms & Conditions written communication also includes all manners of electronic communication. (for example email or via the website).
1.4 In those instances for which the study agreement concerned or the Terms & Conditions do not provide, TaalNetwerk will effect a reasonable arrangement.
1.5 Complete or partial invalidity or non-binding of one or more terms of the Terms & Conditions will in no way affect the validity or applicability of the other terms. Should a term be invalid or non-binding, TaalNetwerk and you will replace the invalid or non-binding part by a term that is valid and binding and of which the legal consequences, with regard to the content and purpose of the term concerned, correspond with the invalid or non-binding part of this term as much as possible.
Description of services offered
2.1 TaalNetwerk will publish the services offered in writing or digitally on its website.
2.2 The offer will contain a complete and precise description of the course and/or the course materials which are part of the course. The offer will also specify if the course materials are mandatory.
2.3 The offer will state the following details:
- manner of execution of the course;
- when the course starts;
- under which conditions the course may not commence;
- when applicable: entry requirements for taking part in the course;
- the costs excluding all incidental costs;
- method of payment;
- course duration.
2.4 After receipt of your sign-up form, we will send you a confirmation followed by an invoice.
2.5 Sign-up forms are processed in the order in which they arrive.
2.6 You will expressly be given notice of these Terms & Conditions preceding the course en these Terms & Conditions are an integral part of the general information provided by TaalNetwerk. Upon your request, TaalNetwerk will send you a hard copy of these Terms & Conditions free of charge.
3.1 You enter into a study agreement with TaalNetwerk by completing and sending the course registration form on our website, or by handing in a completed and signed form to our administration department.
3.2 The study agreement is effected when TaalNetwerk accepts a sign-up form in writing and is considered to be in effect the moment TaalNetwerk confirms the application to you in writing. This confirmation is also considered proof of signing up for the course concerned.
3.3 TaalNetwerk is authorized to receive information regarding a credit report of a client who signed up for a certain course by a third party. Should such a credit report give negative information, TaalNetwerk is empowered to end the agreement.
3.4 You are not authorized to transfer the rights and responsibilities from the study agreement to a third person without prior written consent from TaalNetwerk. TaalNetwerk is authorized to add further terms and conditions to this consent.
4.1 If you enter into this agreement as a natural person, not acting as a company or exercising a commercial independent profession, you have the right to revoke this contract within fourteen calendar days after entering into the agreement without specifying any reasons.
4.2 Should you wish to exercise your right to revocation when the course has already commenced during the fourteen day revocation period, you owe TaalNetwerk the amount equal to the fraction of the lessons already given compared to the complete course.
4.3 You can exercise your right to revocation by sending an explicit statement by email within the 14 day period in which you state that you would like to annul the agreement. It is also possible to use the revocation form which can be downloaded from the website.
4.4 There is no claim to annul the agreement as per section 4 clause 1 when the course has commenced before the term of 14 calendar days has expired and TaalNetwerk has fulfilled the agreement within that term.
4.5 Annulment after the 14 day period will not result in repayment of the course fee: you are thereafter obligated to pay the complete course fee, even if you are not in the position to follow the course.
5.1 TaalNetwerk will invoice you after realization of the agreement.
5.2 Payment needs to be carried out within the term of payment as mentioned on the invoice.
5.3 When payment is not received within the before mentioned term, your are in default without any further proof of default and you are due the full amount plus the legal (trade) interest from the default date until full payment has been received.
5.4 Should you be in default of complete payment of the amounts invoiced to you by TaalNetwerk, you owe TaalNetwerk extrajudicial costs, taking into account the following:
a) When you were not acting as a company or exercising a commercial independent profession, TaalNetwerk makes a claim to the amount equal to the legal authorized maximum compensation regarding extrajudicial debt collecting costs, as is stated and calculated in line with ‘Besluit vergoeding voor buitengerechtelijke Incassokosten’ (Provision compensation for extrajudicial debt collecting costs), when the amount due – after commencement of the default – has still not been paid in full by yourself within 14 days commencing the day after a reminder has been sent.
b) When you were acting as a company or exercising a commercial independent profession, TaalNetwerk makes a claim to compensation of extrajudicial (debt collecting) costs, which in that case, contrary to article 6:96 section 4 of the Civil Code and contrary to ‘Besluit vergoeding voor buitengerechtelijke Incassokosten’ , now and for henceforth will be set on an amount equal to 15% of the complete outstanding sum total with a minimum of € 75.00 for every partly or completely unpaid invoice.
6.1 TaalNetwerk is only liable for direct damages suffered by yourself caused directly by a culpable fault in the execution of the course by TaalNetwerk, taking into account that the compensation can in no instance be larger than the course fees owed by yourself.
6.2 TaalNetwerk is not liable for indirect damages.
6.3 The limitations on liability set out in this article are not applicable when the damages are due to intentional or gross misconduct by TaalNetwerk.
Illness and Holidays
7 You sign up for a complete course. There will be no refund in case of illness or stay abroad. You can continue following your lessons via Skype.
Cancellation of the course by TaalNetwerk or the client
8 TaalNetwerk has the right to postpone or cancel the course when there is little interest and few enrolments, due to the teacher’s illness or other circumstances beyond its control. If possible a proposal will be made to adjust the course day or length. Should the course definitely be cancelled, the course fees already paid will be refunded.
- Lessons that were not given will be made up for at the end of the course. The dates for these will be agreed upon by TaalNetwerk’s administration office and the student.
- When a student is prevented from attending a private lesson, TaalNetwerk’s administration office should be notified of this at least 24 hours prior to the actual lesson. Failure to do so will result in the lesson being invoiced.
- All course materials need to be purchased by yourself.
- Dates for private lessons are individually agreed upon between the student and the teacher.
- Should the number of students signing up for a course exceed the maximum number of participants, a waitlist will be used. Based on this, TaalNetwerk may decide to run an extra course. If this course is planned for a different day or time, this will be scheduled after consultation with the students concerned.
- Should you change address, you need to inform TaalNetwerk’s administration office of the correct new address details.
- The holidays during the course correspond to the school holidays of secondary schools in the The Hague area as much as possible. Teachers have the correct dates.
Loss of personal belongings
- TaalNetwerk cannot be held responsible for loss of or damage to personal belongings of students.
- Smoking is not allowed in the building where the lessons take place.
Children and Pets
- Students are not allowed to bring children or pet animals to class.
- TaalNetwerk is currently exempt from V.A.T. However, should this situation change, V.A.T. will be passed on to the students or other clients.
- TaalNetwerk has a complaints procedure: to obtain a copy, send an email to TaalNetwerk.
Changes in Terms & Conditions
- Unless agreed otherwise in writing, the terms for signing up can be changed by TaalNetwerk. Changes will be made public at least ten (10) calendar days before the changes become effective by personal notification or publication on TaalNetwerk’s website.
- All agreements between yourself and TaalNetwerk for which these Terms & Conditions are applicable, are governed by Dutch law only.
- Any disputes will be brought before the court in Utrecht exclusively, unless legal stipulations dictate otherwise.